Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 08:44:20 -0800
 > The ileocecal  valve connects the lower part of the small intestine to the
 > beginning of the large intestine.  An irritated and malfunctioning ileocecal
 > valve can, according to Matsen (Eating Alive), dump large quantities of
 > toxins into the
 > blood.  Matsen find problems with this valve in half the patients he treats.

wow.  This is what caused me to change my diet from "macrobiotic"
(practically ALL grains).  I actually had so much pain in my "ileocecal
valve"  that I thought I had an ectopic prgnancy or apendicitus- the
naturapath I went to recomended the Zone diet (didnt hear about Paleo till
two years ago).  This valve still hurts if I eat too much fiber!

BUT!  I didnt really know what it was until I read this post-

THanks!
Bronwen