From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 21:23:07 -0700
>>I do not mean to be dismal but this is a battle you cannot win. You are
>>going to be fighting against a huge organization that has invested
>>*millions* of dollars to keep itself running just as it is.

Once again, it's the letter of the law.  These lunches are federally
subsidized and all that can, by law, be pushed is the Food Pyramid.

But!  Will the media be covering this at all?  If not, alert them to this
issue and quote stats on the alarming rise in diabetes and obesity among
kids.  It never hurts to try.  If I remember correctly, you say this is in a
small town; it's always a slow newsday in Podunk.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO