From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 01:25:46 -0700
>>I am glad that your daughter can have her freedom . I will be not so
pleased
>>if you were enforcing the "instincto rules" on her.
>
>I don't understand this. She doesn't have "freedom" of every food (no
>dairy, no grain, no junk) but she has "freedom" between raw and cooked. But
>surely, admit it ;) you would be more pleased if she ate only raw. To tell
>me otherwise would mean that your children may as well eat cooked, no?
I am truely glad that she is not forced into raw food but for sure
I would be please to see your daughter eat raw as my son do , with joy( at
27 months he don't get any desire to try cooked foods that he see every day
prepared for his brother, and it is really a surprise to me , i was
expecting him to be attracted just because of his need to imitate, but he is
clear that it is not " food " to him but something that is given to his
brother)

I would be please because of my own hatelove relationship with cooked foods
which brought me enough trouble to wish others to be free from it.

>>I am happy to see that
>>bringing some lightness and pleasure around food in your family became a
>>priority ( which is the goal of eating by instinct ).
>
>Huh? I've seen many SAD households who had lightness and pleasure with food
>but they are hardly the goal of eating by instinct

SPecially in France where peoples "aime la bonne chair  et le bon vin" and
are filling the hospitals after the "feast">
>>That is nothing new that children are able to regulate the overall intake
of
>>foods in a balanced way
 when they have free choice of food,
>>cooked or not (experiments have been made)
>
>So why do instinctos limit themselves to raw food?

from my experience, limiting myself to raw foods stop me to go thru the
rollescoaster of  exagerated unbalances and allow a smooth regulation in my
intake of food.
If i don't limit myself to raw food i can't stop myself and go way out of
balance making me seasick. With cooked food  the ride is too stormy for me.

>>The phenomenon of loss of pleasure (of luminous phases) is a clear
>>indication that something in the diet is overeaten.
>
>So why do so many instinctos overeat?

may be the real question is ,: why overeaters who want to change choose
instincto  to help them.
i am an overeater who had to found ways to regulate my food intake ,
instincto guidelines have been freeing to me because i didn't have to
abandon the pleasure of eating, in the contrary i found way more
satisfaction.
In overeater anonymous meetings we admit that we are overeaters for life
even if we succeed at maintening an abstinence from overeating for years
 EAting instinctively didn't change my tendancy to compulsive behavior , it
just help me to not indulge in the behavior.

Jean-claude