From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:17:54 -0700
On 10 Feb 2004 at 18:12, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>I am considering taking natural progesterone as recommended by John Lee, who
>feels many women (and men) are estrogen dominant from all the synthetic
>estrogens in our polluted environment. Anyone have any paleo thoughts about this?

Although progesterone cream can't be paleo, we're all exposed
to xeno-estrogens from plastics, including plastic water
bottles, hormones in food, pesticides/herbicides, etc..
Post-menopause, I was estrogen-dominant
which is a risk for cancer.  I have had a lot of benefits
from progesterone cream.  Progesterone
is a gender-neutral hormone; my husband has had
relief from his frequent nightmares when he
started using it.

Paleo people could have used herbs to support
progesterone; wild yam is not the only one.
Not being exposed to so many estrogenic
substances, the milder herbs could have been
effective for them.

    Lynnet