From:
Lillian Alicia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 03:48:54 -0500
 > Any one know if drinking water with your meal diluted the stomach
 > acid,thereby decreasing our ability to digest.

Alex,
I try not to drink with my meals.  This i learned a long time ago,wehn
i would consel pregnant women on dealing with indigestion,a common
complaint of pregnancy.  When you eat, saliva starts the digestive
process....then the food goes to the stomach.  If you drink with your
meals then the saliva gets diluted inthe stomach and then the stomach
has to work harder at continuing the digestive process.  The saliva
carries the enzymes that begins digestion.  Imay take a sip or two but
that's it.  Drink between meals.