Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:54:11 -0400
Hi Kathy,
Congrats on the pregnancy, and the renewed dedication to paleo eating.
I just had a baby 11 weeks ago, so I might be able to help a little. I
even quit taking allergy pills during my pregnancy, and haven't had to
take one for months!

My experience with paleo eating and pregnancy was great. I had almost
no morning sickness, and no fatigue after I quit binging on chips (I
was craving Doritos for some odd reason the first month). I was very
energetic - we were putting an addition on the house, I tiled my new
bathroom when I was 7 months pregnant. I didn't have any weird food
cravings after I got off the corn chips. My moods were very stable,
and my hubby will corroborate that. ;) My husband took a job out of
town when I was 5 months pregnant, and I have handled that pretty
well. The birth was pretty easy, and the child is healthy, quiet, and
alert.

The sooner you go full paleo, the better you will feel, that's my guess.

When I started paleo, my hubby and roomie were still on doing SAD. I
simply told them since I did the cooking and shopping, I was only
buying and fixing paleo meals, and they would have to look elsewhere
for their sugar fix. I knew they were getting at least 1 healthy meal
a day. Gradually, they joined me on the paleo diet, more or less. You
can always use the pregnancy as an excuse and ask your hubby to keep
his junk food away from you, so you don't give in to temptation. Just
tell him it's better for the baby. Which is true!

Camille
----
Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have!