From:
Paul Sand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 13:39:42 +0200
I tried to find any studies on high protein intake effects on kidneys and
liver (2 detox organs).
So as I understand ther is no studies showing any bad effects on kidneys for
healthy people. Actually there was one study showing improvement on renal
patients when the protein intake was upped.

But I coudn't find anything on liver function on high protein intake.
Since protein has to have its nitrogen removed in the liver (the urea cycle)
(as I undersatnd it) , which is an energy costly process overfeeding can in
theory be harmfull.

Anybody seen something on this subject?

Paul Sand