From:
Tracy Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 01:00:28 EDT
In a message dated 6/18/2002 5:45:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Also, does anyone use honey?  Audette states that in very limited amounts
> that it is allowed, but does honey trigger a reaction (sweet tooth,
> dizziness, etc.) in any of you?
>
> Leaving bread behind does not bother me, but I have an awful sweet tooth.
> I've been compensating with eating fruit, but Audette states that if one
> wishes to lose weight, they must curtail their fruit.  Must I curtail the
> fruit to lose weight?

I am having a really hard time with sugars myself, but if i use a little
honey in baking or smoothies i don't seem to have any sugar cravings from
that.  I am substituting fruits for candy etc when I get a major sugar
craving and feel that if I eat fruit, it is WAY better than if I were to give
in to the candy bar impulse.  I have very low self control with sugars only,
so I know if I don't eat the fruit I will end up with the candy.

But still, I am able to lose 2 pounds a week, of course, I would lose more if
I could stay completely away from sugar!!  I have had no problems at all with
getting rid of grains etc.