From:
Bill Dooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 16:37:39 -0700
Binnie -

You already know that discontinuing psych meds abruptly can be
dangerous. I've labored under increasingly severe depression and
anxiety all my life. Things like that tend to get worse as one ages.
My career and marriage have long since gone irretrievably down the
toilet. I mention this only to show that I have been and am in a
similar place.

I think it might be ok to suggest gently that avoiding certain classes
of foods (grains, dairy, beans, etc.) might _possibly_ help a
_little_. Don't oversell the idea. It's by no means clear that early
damage, if any, can be corrected anyway. The problem may well have
unchangeable genetic roots. It might even be optimistic to hope that
adopting a paleo diet now would slow any further degeneration. One
thing is certain: it can't hurt. It can't possibly hurt.

Bill