From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 11:14:58 -0400
On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 11:08:27 -0400, Jim Willard <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Wha exactly do  you mean by "unfiltered coffee"?  Are you refering to
>paper coffee filters or something else?
>                   Jim

With unfiltered I ment french style, in a glass tube, where a metal
(actual a) filter is pressed down then. But no paper filter.
I prefer the taste, and normal filtered coffee (with a paper filter) tastes
rather "sour" to me.

Its contact with the water is usually
longer (until) I press the thing down.
I also like espresso, which has a very short time with the water, but the
beans are more roasted.

Somewhere i read that (for unspecified reason) my french style coffe
was more healthy, because is was leaching out a stuff, that
may equal out some other aggressive stuff in the coffee. But what??

I'd be still interested on some more thorough information to the
article that Ray posted. What does this "transferase" do? ...

cheers
Amadeus