From:
Andrea Hughett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2009 13:34:53 -0800
"I think gluten is just the tip of the iceberg; it may be the most damaging, but our bodies don't seem to be well-adapted to consuming grains of any kind."

The good thing is that these ladies are thinking about what goes into their bodies, and willing to go to some trouble and expense to improve the quality of their health. Unfortunately, in most cases GF breads and cereals simply substitute starchier grains for wheat. As far as trace amounts of gluten in such things as "natural flavorings", the point is moot for most paleo eaters, as we are not eating processed foods.

I seldom tell anyone I eat paleo, as "low-carb and allergic to wheat, soy and dairy" covers most instances of "why I can't eat x."

Andrea