From:
Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 14:00:38 -0700
At 02:43 PM 3/6/01 -0500, you wrote:

>> >But actually, I'm jumping in here because another thought
>>occurred--cooked
>> >meat takes longer to exit my dog's systems, and the, er, output is, um,
>> >larger and more... odiferous--wouldn't this imply that it's not being
>> >digested as well?  Would such, er, evidence also indicate anything useful
>> >about humans?
>>
>>Food that goes in and out quickly would seem to
>>me to be something that is not being digested well.
>
>I too am jumping in here, as someone in charge of two little ones' diapers I
>can vouch for the excess, odiferous output as indication of a digestive
>problem. The kids do much better on paleo, and the diapers are far less
>messy. The poop actually stays in the diaper now, doesn't run down their
>legs. (Madi has always been paleo, never had that problem)

garbage in = garbage out? <b g>

My point was not that the exact same thing came out...  small, compact, and
not smelly to me means there's not much left even for the bacteria to munch
on...  less compact and smelly means it wasn't thoroughly
digested/aborbed/whatever before it returned to the earth whence it came :)
 The slower part means, given the, output, that it was there *too* long...

Anyway, it was just an observation that made me think when I first noticed
the difference.

Dianne