From:
Mike Weis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:40:20 -0400
Has anyone noticed the articles in the papers over the past few days about
the cow that's tested positive for BSE?
 Even though I've read Fast Food Nation and Diet for a New America, I still
have trouble "digesting" that the food production system could be so
unhealthy, but it seems like it's really bad. If there's one known case of
BSE out there, there have to be more, possibly thousands, that they don't
know about. From the response of the beef interests, it seems like they
don't really care, or at the very least, don't take any of these threats
very seriously.
 How seriously do you take them? Do you go out of your way to eat grass-fed
beef or do you content yourself with just the beef?
 And how on earth can you ever find a chicken to eat that wasn't factory
farmed or fed a diet of grains instead of their natural foraging diet. I
have been to a lot of markets, and not a single market carries anything but
the joke "organic" chickens. My gosh, do they think that everyone is THAT
stupid?!
 Mike w.