From:
Hilary McClure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 23:20:13 -0400
Charles Alban wrote:

> In a message dated 7/24/01 1:56:01 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> << Speaking as one who doesn't care for the taste of liver, I find
>  the use of dessicated liver to be the easiest solution.
>   >>
> Try French liver pate - you might find it more palatable!
>
> Charles
> San Diego, CA

One easy way to make liver very palatable is to make chopped liver or
pate with it. I dug out an old chopped liver recipe by James Beard, and
it called for about 1.5 lbs of chicken liver, and about 2 lb. of chicken
fat. My wife's chicken liver pate recipe (she's a professional chef)
uses about the same proportions, but butter instead of chicken fat, and
it's awesome! (There's marsala in there too.) The fats temper the taste
of the liver, which can be a little hard to take on it's own. Now that
fats are good for you again (as long as they're not oxidized or
polluted) it's a great way to get liver's nutritional benefits. (I think
I'll have my cholesterol checked again soon!)

Hilary McClure
Danville, VT