Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 08:18:41 -0400
Rick wrote:

<<I think the "feedlot" fat concerns are an aspect of paleo that, despite
the impracticality and expense of "grass fed" for mass populations, is
nevertheless very fundamental.  >>

   I have to strongly agree with you here, Rick.  I think this tends to be
ignored out of financial consideration at the expense of health.  It doesn't
have to cost a lot to "go grassfed".  I eat free-range (foraging) chicken
which is $2.00 a lb., fish 2-4 nights a week (non-farmed), and when I buy
beef (rarely), I pay less than $8.00 a lb.  I notice mainstream supermarkets
pricing beef from $4.99 a lb. to $10 or more (except burger).

  The difference in saturated fat makes it well worth buying.  I also find
that I eat less, because its composition is more suited to the needs of the
human  body.

Siobhan