From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 07:08:03 -0800
> There is a theory that says the sex of the baby is determined by the
> pH of the cervical mucus, which changes, I believe, from alkaline to
acid
> (could be the other way; don't quote me) at the female orgasm,
affecting
> the motility and survival of the xy's and xx's differently. Thus, the
> reasoning goes, women who come before or during penetration produce
males,
> after or not at all produce females. When I've thought about the women
I know
> who were, shall we say, sexually difficult, indifferent, or downright
> frigid, there are an alarming number of daughters in the families....
> Anybody know anything about this? Is it just a myth?
> ginny

My kids were conceived in this fashion.  We wanted three kids, a boy,
then a girl then another boy.  We chose this method along with the
assumption that female sperm live longer than male sperm, yet are much
slower when it comes to racing to the egg. So depending on how many days
before or after ovulation you have sex, helps to determine the sex of
your baby.  Another way to have these assumed results is to douche with
either vinegar or baking soda before sex.  Thus producing an environment
of either acidic or alkaline.  Anyway, upon conceiving our three
children, there were in fact born in order of boy, girl, boy.  Now ages,
18, 15, 14.     I am not saying it's an exact science, but it worked for
us.
Trish