From:
"Day, Wally" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 May 2009 14:26:20 -0600
>There are weaklings who are unlucky victims of generations of poor diet,
>but I don't see how this is evidence of evolution. Looks more like
>devolution. IMO

Kinda missed the point there William. It's not about twinky-eating "weaklings" in general, or those who make poor dietary choices, but about individuals who are (in PC talk) "genetically challenged". Type 1 diabetics, folks born with physical or mental disabilities, etc. In paleo times, almost none of them would have survived long enough to procreate; in neolithic times very few of them. In modern times, rather than us having to adapt to our environment, we have forced our envornment to adapt to us. That, plus our natural compassion, is rapidly changing the genetic pool. Where it will eventually lead is anyone's guess.