From:
A Gryphon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 11:13:44 -0400
>Fried grasshoppers are not bad at all. They crunch like pork rinds and hav=
>a strong but meaty flavor something like tamari. They would probably go
>well in stews.

http://www.ville.montreal.qc.ca/insectarium/html/croquins.htm

Sorry, I can't find this in English, but anyone who reads French
should hav=
a look. (Even have a look at the pictures, and the book link at the
bottom
just for presentation ideas.)

Every year the Insectarium de Montreal has an 'Insect Tasting' where
chefs
from the Institute de Hotellerie et Tourisme de Qu=E9bec prepare
almost
200,000 insects in lots of tasty ways. Unfortunately, I missed the one
this
spring, and the next one isn't til next November, but I already have
it
marked on my calendar.

Irene