From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 11:44:14 -0700
> I'm hoping I can find ways to cook my own
> fish dishes that will
> be better, but after begin vegan so long, I realize
> I don't know
> anything about how to cook meat!

I have the same problem. I have never really been much
of a meat eater. I'm sure I'll get some flak from the
purists on the list for this, but my suggestions would
be: First, get yourself a barbeque and learn how to
use it. Then, learn how to enhance the meats flavor
using various spices and sauces. There are some good
BBQ sauces out there, some store bought, some
homemade. They can really help make meat more
palatable. Of course you have to use some caution when
using any sauce - read the label!

As far as having only one meat meal each day - so
what? I generally have only one "heavy" meat meal each
day (where meat is the focus) and rarely more than two
meals with meat as an ingredient. Load up the rest of
the day on fruits and veggies (and occasional nuts).