From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 06:29:16 -1000
Mary (on apples):
>I do nothing to them, no fertilizer, no sprays, I share my apples with the
>worms. If there is a worm in it, I cut it out and eat the rest of the apple.

Now, now, that's not very paleo, Mary. Eat dem der worms! ;)

>BTW, we want to dry out apples this year. Any suggestions? Do we peel them
>first then slice and dry? Or leave the peel on and dry them?

Either way. most people prefer peeled because the peel doesn't shrink as
much as the flesh. A super high quality apple can be dry whole in some
climates. Simply let it stand and it will shrivel like a prune...

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft