From:
"Aaron D. Wieland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 22:56:15 -0500
Mark Moore wrote:
> For the last seven weeks i have been on a paleo diet of fish, nuts,
> fruits, and vegetables (no animal meat other than fish, no legumes, no
> grains, no dairy and no sweets)  I am too thin and want to gain weight
> but have failed even when stuffing myself with four large meals a day.
> Maybe this means i need more animal meat in my diet.

Contrary to popular paleo-lore, I've found that meat and (especially animal)
fat add the most weight (I used to be underweight).  Carb binges seem to
have little effect on my weight (but they're an excellent way to make myself
sick).  It's a good idea to try a heavier diet in any case, so that you may
discover how it affects you; you'll probably learn within 48 hours whether
it makes you feel better or worse.

Cheers,
-- Aaron Wieland