From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:09:23 -0600
Sorry about another OT post.......

>> they question the corporate structure itself to be able provide quality
service
>> to society as a whole  .

There is ALWAYS a danger of becoming too idealistic. The fact remains that
we DO NOT live in the paleolithic era. Unless we move to an isolated island
that has remained completely untouched for the last 50,000+/- years, there
is no possibility of regaining a truly paleolithic lifestyle. And even if
such a paradise existed, it would still not be "truly paleo".

The best we can possibly do is live in a neolithic world, and try as best
as we can to emulate whatever we can "guess" the lifestyle and dietary of
paleos would be.

And, I'm actually quite surprised at your idealism regarding this,
Jean-Claude. For someone who views the world organically, I would think
you, of all people, would understand that a corporation is really nothing
more than another organism. Motivated by profit (as well as survival),
sure, but an organism none-the-less. Look at how quickly corporations have
reacted to the Atkins fad (big read "A"s EVERYWHERE :). If paleo thinking
ever became mainstream (we can only hope), they would react just as quickly
to provide us with paleo-like consumables.

You will likely argue that whatever they provide us would not be "truly
paleo". In response I would say, "re-read my first paragraph". I, for one
(and I'm sure I'm not alone), would welcome a steady supply of grass-fed
beef, and any additive or insecticide free veggies they could toss my way.
Enough demand in the marketplace - and it will happen.

(P.S. - most pragmatists would be elated with 90% success :)