Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 14:05:19 -0800
Thanks to Dori, who wrote:

> what
> about carb foods somewhere in the middle, like squashes...
> especially spaghetti and butternut.  They have some carbs but a
> good amount of fiber, too and give me no cravings

i'll try them! i like winter squashes, but gave them up as starchy
"non-paleo," as in Ray's book. perhaps i can't afford to be that sweeping
with the theory?

> Cravings are a TERRIBLE problem for me but squash doesn't seem to hurt me.

sweet potatoes are definitly too much. (and, our modern hybridized fruits
are probably at leaste as non-paleo.)

> And they have tons of them in the stores right now.

true- an advantage on this way-of-eating. sometimes tis hard to keep it up,
just for financial reasons. (can you imagine the cost of getting all your
carbos from store-bought fresh berries? that's over the top for me.)

good health to you all,
liesel