From:
Paul Getty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:33:23 -0500
I would assume that the first extended vegetarian diet did not come about in
early man until he had developed extensive agriculture, long after the Paleo
stage of history.  We know from skeletal remains of these people that there
was a lot to be desired from these early agricultural
lifestyles..........showing shorter stature, arthritis, rickets,
deformities.  Probably the poorer workers had access only to the grains and
vegetables, and the rich could still hunt.
What I have learned in reading is that man appeared very healthy in the
Paleolithic times, and was a flesh eater, along with gatherer of plants for
food.

Paul