From:
krosenth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 17:03:39 -0700
This is a non-paleo response to a similar question on my cancer list.  It
discusses the combination of flax seed oil with sulfur bearing amino acids.
Because we are paleo, we do not need to eat cott. cheese as long as we
substitute the amino acids:

> My impression is that any consumption of fresh, high-quality, nonrancid
flaxseed oil (FSO) is somewhat beneficial to most people w/cancer, but it's
much more effective if mixed w/sulfur-bearing amino acids (SAAs). On the
flaxseedoil & flaxseedoil2 yahoogroups (which I've belonged to for the past
couple yrs), there've been dozens of reports of complete remissions from
cancer, including breast cancer and including many advanced aggressive
cancers (some post-chemo & post-radiation), solely or primarily from using
> FSO mixed thoroughly w/cottage cheese (FSO/CC).
>
> For biochemical reasons that I don't understand, organic, low-fat CC and
quark are clearly the best
> things to mix FSO with. Plain (no fruit), organic low-fat yogurt and kefir
are probably 2nd & 3rd best (respectively). (CC, quark, and yogurt are have
been used much frequently than any of the other mixers). I would definitely
use 1 of the above unless I had an unusually strong reason for not consuming
dairy

www.naturesdistributors.com/BioSan%20products/co
> 800-624-7114). I've heard to use 1 capsule per tablespoon of flax seed
oil. "I would use one capsule per tablespoon of oil [between/before meals]."
I think the next best sources of SAAs are organic soft tofu, Ezekiel bread,
peas, & lentils (in that order).

> Jack Taylor suggests taking a flax oil combination product, each
tablespoon of which contains [300mg
> CoQ10, 300 IU vit. E, & 300mg L-cysteine]...1 tablespoon per 50 pounds of
body weight." (cited in Diamond et al., 1997, p. 484) Due to the lack of any
studies, all the above info's based primarily on clinical experience and
anecdotal impressions.

> I think that any negative aspects of any of the above (even nonorganic
dairy) are FAR outweighed
> by the cancer-healing effects of this mixture. I  don't know any other
food or food combination as
> effective in healing cancer as FSO/CC.
>
> Other misc. info & notes:
>
> Consume it on empty stomach. Do NOT take it if you're diabetic unless
instructed by physician. Tell your doctor that you're taking it. It's
reportedly helpful to take vit. E with it. The recommended dosage ranges
from about 1 to 6 tablespoons (tbsp) of FSO, MIXED w/about 1/4 cup of CC for
each tbsp. of FSO I'd begin w/1-2 tbsp and gradually increase my dosage.
Drop back to 1 tablespoon (mixed with 1/4 cup CC) per 100 pounds
> of body weight after a few months.
>
> If using yogurt, use only plain (or vanilla) yogurt, preferably low-fat
(but not non-fat). "Fruited yogurt is useless...After the yogurt & FSO are
mixed, fruit [but NOT pineapple, papaya, or kiwi] may be added." 3 times as
much yogurt is needed, compared w/the amount of cottage cheese that would be
needed. To make it taste better, some people add berries, peaches, or other
fruit; granola; Stevia; or a little honey to the FSO/CC mixture.

> Barleans (800-445-3529) is 1 of the best brands and sells organic FSO for
$.50/oz (wholesale) if
> you have cancer or another serious disease. Spectrum, Omega, and
Omegaflo/Arrowhead Mills are
www.generic-co-op.com/free.htm) reportedly offers it for free to those
> a listserv that discusses flax seed oil,> particularly for healing cancer.
>  For more info,
> www.datadepo.com/cancercure/index.htm
> www.whale.to/cancer/budwig.html
> www.cancure.org/budwig_diet.htm
> www.beckwithfamily.com/usage.html
> (or http://home.usit.net/~spinner/usage.html)
> www.positivehealth.com/permit/Articles/Nutrition/t
> urner60.htm
> http://curezone.com/diseases/cancer/cancer_dr_budw
> ig.html
> http://home.online.no/~dusan/diseases/cancer/cance
> r_dr_budwig.html (contains additional links toward
> bottom of page)
> http://educate-yourself.org/fc/dukestudyignorsbudw
> igwork15aug01.shtml
>  It's also discussed extensively in the (excellent) book
>  *Fischer, William L. (1994). How to Fight Cancer> and Win: Scientific
Guidelines and Documented
> Facts for the Successful Treatment and Prevention> of Cancer and Other
Related Health Problems (2nd
> ed.). Canfield, OH: Fischer.> and (I think) also in Albert E. Carter's>
"excellent" book The Cancer Answer and his video> "The Immune System".