From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2011 10:28:13 -0700
Hi David,
By your own argument, raw foods should extend life if they reduce
calorie intake.
However, I suspect that the critical factor is reductions in AGEs and
free radicals.
If so, then a high fat ketogenic diet should similarly extend life.

As for how long humans have been cooking food, there is some debate on
that issue,
but the greater question is how long have we been cooking most of our
food? Just as
I doubt that the occasional ingestion of refined carbs is that harmful,
I doubt that the
occasional cooked meal is problematic.

I don't eat a raw food diet, but I am increasingly convinced that cooked
foods are
less healthful than raw foods. I am fully convinced that any
one-size-fits-all approach
to human eating is going to fail with some people. That is a little like
prescribing the
same dosage of medication for a 100 pound woman and a 300 pound male
athlete.
It just doesn't make any sense but it does seem to be our current paradigm.

best wishes,
Ron