From:
Erik Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 23:59:34 PST
>There seems to be a desire here to widen the variety here beyond its
>logical
>scope. Remember, you are all doing this for yourself, not to please some
>unobtainable standard. If you are going nuts, hell, eat a bagel.
>
>Arthur

Can't -- allergic to wheat.  I'm not really asking about cheating here.  If
I find out that buckwheat and honey bagels are truly paleo, I may just eat
them often.  Eating them rarely I assume will have little or no effect.  But
as a fairly common part of the diet -- over 20 - 30 years -- would they be
detrimental or not?  Since I use paleo guidelines to figure out the answer
to this question, in general, I would like to know if buckwheat is or isn't
paleo.  I've already leaning toward non-paleo (because of their presumably
high glycemic index, unlike most of the food eaten in paleo times, and the
"naked with a stick" rule besides).

And really it's not about going crazy.  My cravings have subsided months
ago.  I do get food-bored often (my food allergies restrict my dietary
choices far beyond paleo unfortunately) but it's the improvement in my
health (and maybe eventually my allergies) which keeps me on the diet.  I am
no less than a different man, in mind and body, since the diet.  It's been
the single most powerful element in my transition from illness to health.
Hopefully, there are long-term positive effects as well (by long term I mean
not apparent within the first year, the short term effects (those I enjoyed
in less than a year on the diet) are profound).

Erik.