Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 13:24:50 -0400
<<Every week I get a big selection of
whatever is ready at the time, delivered to a central point in my
neighbourhood. You do have to pay up front, but much less than you'd spend
to buy this same stuff in the grocery stores.>>

Yes, I do this also.  The farms are CSA farms.  The price is definitely
lower than prices in the supermarket.

 When I eat 'clean' meat, I find I can eat 50% less and feel satisfied.
Hence, my mweat often costs less than it used to cost.

I'm locating a source for healthy meat for a group to which I belong.  The
goal is to keep the prices reasonable while getting the highest quality
available.  Some of us are at a point where we can't get anything other than
this past our lips.  I have several possibilities right now.  I'll be
looking into this further and will post the information to the list, if
anyone wishes.  Part of this plan is to be able to ship all over the country
while keeping the meat on par with supermarket prices (yesterday, NY strip
steaks were 6.99 a lb in the mainstream market).

I also found that just doing what was right for me as far as eating, and not
worrying about money, seemed to give me the ability to successfully do this
without spending more.  Money works in ways many would never suspect.

Siobhan