From:
Stardust <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jul 2005 19:20:38 -0400
Thanks to everyone for your information, it has helped a great deal.  Yes, my friend has seen a doctor and contacted the Poison Control, this is what they said.

Contacted Poison Control and Infectious Disease, both of which said this was acting exactly like the brown recluse spider, with side-effects as severe as death.  They said there was no anti-venom available for the brown recluse spider, and allopathic medicine could only offer anti-inflammatories, anti-histamines, or antibiotics for secondary infections.  I was cautioned against having the bite on my buttock lanced, because of the risk of the venom going systemic throughout the bloodstream.  (Did lots of research on the internet … which confirmed everything they told me)

She immediately substantially increased all immune, detox and antioxidant supplements.  She has had two Vitamin C intervenous treatment, the fever is starting to go down (in all she'll be having 10 Vitamin C intervenous).

Maddalena