From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 18:05:51 -0500
On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 22:29, Ashley Moran wrote:

>On Feb 02, 2006, at 11:23 am, Keith Thomas wrote:
>
>> I was a vegetarian for 30 years and for 4 of those a
>> thoroughgoing vegan.
>> Five years ago I switched straight to Palaeo.
>
>Can I ask why you switched after so much time as a vegetarian?

Well, I'd been actively interested for 40 years in nutrition, physical activity, the environment, the
human place in nature etc. and I was always on the lookout for new ideas. So I was intellectually
prepared when I discovered this article:

http://www.cbass.com/EvolutionaryFitness.htm

The article grabbed me both intellectually and emotionally. I read a bit more - whole books on
human evolution, evolution in general, and about the way we have destroyed the Pleistocene world
in which we evolved, and then switched within a few weeks. And kept on reading and applying
what I read.

The same article will not affect everyone in the way it affected me. I was primed for it.

Keith