From:
Madeline Stratton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 10:20:49 EDT
Recently I have been reading that the essential fatty acid level in farm
raised salmon is very small, compared to wild caught salmon, presumably
because of the change in the way they are fed. Since wild caught salmon is
hard to come by, we have been buying a lot of canned salmon, which is at
least Alaskan wild salmon. I notice there is pink salmon, and red salmon,
which costs about twice as much as the pink. Does anyone know what differeces
there might be in fatty acid composition between the pink and the red? or why
the red is so much more expensive? Is it worth the extra money?
TIA
Maddy S.