From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 20:37:30 -0400
From: "Jeff Keller" <[log in to unmask]>
> It has been
> almost 2 weeks and I am having a difficult time with exercise. I was
> running 3 miles daily on a 70% grain diet(pasta,rice etc...) It is now
> difficult to get through a run and I'm tired after. Does this last long? I
> am not overweight and am 42 years old. Does it take time for he body to
> start producing enzymes again? Just curious on what to expect.

Hi Jeff. Welcome to the list!!

Are you following a low carb paleo diet?

You might be low on glycogen and your body hasn't kicked in with enough
fat-burning enzymes yet. If you do not want to be too low carb, perhaps you
can increase consumption of things like starchy tubers and roots, e.g. yams,
sweet potatoes, turnips, carrots, beets.

Apparently a person can do quite well with jogging and other endurance
excercise with low carb dieting but running faster (and much other
excercise) requires fast-twitch muscles that need glycogen.

For me, balancing glycogen stores (not too much carb and not too little) is
very helpful in preventing cravings, being able to lift weights and feel
good.

--Richard