From:
Craig Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 17:41:33 -0400
Jana wrote:

>can someone advise the best one or two articles or websites i could
>show them?  i was thinking about the "Low Fat Hoax" article-- is that
>one of the best ones?  I am considering cordain's book but i think a
>full length diet book will scare them away.

I'd suggest you get the Eades' new(ish) book, _The Protein
Power Lifeplan_, and Diana Schwarzbein's _The Schwarzbein
Principle_.  The former presents a wonderful "soft intro" to
paleo, offering three levels of faithfulness or commitment
to a paleo diet, from Hedonist to Dilettante to Purist.  The
latter offers the most cogent explanation I've ever read on
the effects of the standard prescribed diet for diabetics;
she's an endo who got her start working exclusively with
Type IIs, and discovered to her chagrin that the diet she
was prescribing was actually making her patients sicker.

As to how to present them to your folks without frightening
them off, I'm afraid I'm at a loss.  I have the same problem
with my family.  I'm hoping that my rebounding health will
be a good example, but I fear they're all locked in the
lowfat/high carb mindset.

.:. Craig