From:
Cecilia Moen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 22:14:59 +0200
>I read in one of Ray's recommended books, I think it was CANCER
DISEASE OF
>CIVILIZATION, that Inuit would be in excellent physical condition on
all
>meat/fish/fat even with no exercise....in other words, you never got
out of
>physical shape /condition on this diet....even if you had not run for
>months, you would still be in good physical condition, you did not
get "out
>of shape" ever.

I don't know if a diet is the whole answer but I think maybe it can
help here to drop the Western idea of exercise... I know a study
comparing 4 groups where 1 did weight-lifting, 1 sat in lotus position
and 1 walked (plus 1 sat still for comparison) for 20 mins daily or
something like that. After several months comparisons showed best
lung/heart improvement in the weight-lifting group, but best overall
fitness improvement in the lotus-sitting group. :-)

Cecilia in sweden