From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 13:40:23 +1000
>If the argument is sound that cheese, but not milk, was >consumed by
paleolithic people then lactose wouldn't be much >of an issue, since most of
it is fermented out.
in the northern climes the milk stays fresh longer. hence the further north
you go the more people can digest lactose.  it cant be paleo techinically,
since it is herding rather than hunting. but herding is before agriculture.

>I wonder, though, if there is much difference in lactose content
>between cow's milk, goat's milk, sheep's milk, etc.
not significant.

andrew