Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 13:09:10 -0500
    I think Susan is right.  Paleo is MUCH too restrictive for most people to
accept.  They don't want to give up the starches or the dairy or the sugar or
whatever food forces them to come out of their comfort zone.  I was in constant
pain (diabetic neuropathy which I discovered through Paleo eating was mostly
arthritic inflammation caused by food allergies).  I was taking prescribed
narcotic pain killers 24 hours a day to cope with the pain.  My only other
option, according to my Duke University doctors, was neurosurgery.  I had
nothing left to lose by reaching out and trying this "crazy" idea of eating like
our paleolithic ancestors.

    Thanks to Paleo, I no longer take pain killers.  I'm no longer taking 3 of
my 8 prescribed diabetes meds.  I've dropped 1 (with more to come) of my neuro
meds.  By this weekend, I'll be completely off my bp medicine.  And the bonus
(besides feeling great) is that I'm losing weight, my energy level is up, my
complexion is fabulous, and I'm reclaiming the life the pain took from me.

    Lois