From:
Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:40:43 -0700
This sounds promising and I too have decided to cut the protein and increase fat intake. But I will stick with at least some saturated fat also. I love coconut oil and would hate to give it up. My overall body fat percentage is 21.2%, however, I have 31.7% in each leg, 14.9 in each arm, and 15 in my trunk. It's not really a suprise because I could tell that my legs were not near as lean as they used to be. Hopefully this change will reduce some of the fat in my thighs and hips.

I will post my results as well. How long did it take you to see a change Ginny?

ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I can report success also on a similar sort of change. I weigh a bit
more, at 5'7", and perhaps this is why my cuts are from, say, 6 eggs to
3, or a pound of meat to 6 oz, or four pieces of chicken to two. But
yes, I am perfectly satiated, and the feeling seems to last just as
long as with the large meals. I am sleeping soundly but less long. Even
the meals where I feel I could have eaten less are smaller than
previously. I am losing fat, especially in my hips, where is where all
the remaining fat was anyway:) I am not weighing in, but will continue
in this vein and will expect somewhat of a weight change to become
apparent over a long period.

I spent my whole life afraid of overeating until I discovered Paleo,
and lost weight regardless of quantity. My experiment at this time
seems a luxury- it's unimaginable that I can "diet" without suffering.
I would have been perfectly content at the weight I had achieved, but
got curious:)

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!