From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:27:10 +0100
On Jun 20, 2004, at 2:58 pm, Fredrik Murman wrote:
>> I seem to have a fairly weak bladder... hardly incontinent but I seem
>> to make toilet visits more often than most, and tend to be aware of
>> needing to go sooner than everyone else.
>
> Ashley, tea is diuretic and according to your post you seem to drink
> it about three times a day:
>
> 6.30 am: ginkgo biloba tea
> 1 pm: green tea
> 6 pm: green tea

My post was a little confusing - I've actually needed the toilet *less*
since I started drinking tea, because I drink less water.  Also ginkgo
biloba tea is not made from the tea plant (it's the leaves of the
ginkgo biloba tree) and, as far as I know, it's not a diuretic (which
is why I drink it in the morning).

On Jun 21, 2004, at 7:56 am, Wally Day wrote:
>> I was just wondering what everyone's views on water
>
> Drinking *too* much water can cause an electrolyte imbalance in your
> body.
> Many report heart palpitations when they drink too much water, or
> worse. A
> number of studies have recently disputed the "drink as much water as
> you
> can" fad.

I have to say I've never suffered heart palpitations, but I have heard
that too much water leeches salts out of your body.  (Is this why we
crave salt?  To enable us to drink large amounts of water on hot days?)
  I was roped in with the "drink as much water as you
can" fad- I used to have about a glass (300ml) an hour.

As I'm writing this, I've just had a cup of green tea.  I woke up at 7
(late for work- oops), went to the toilet, had a cup of gingko biloba
tea, went work, had a 500ml bottle of water slowly over a few hours,
and came back at 2pm.  It's now 3.30, I'm still not desperate for the
loo (after 8 hours), and I can go this way and still pass clear urine.
This feels *far* more natural than before, but because of the scare
stories I've heard about kidney stones, I was reluctant to drink like
this.  I am assuming that if I was at risk of kidney stones, my body
would be telling me to drink more.  I had not considered water an issue
on a paleo diet- I think it needs to be given more attention.

Ashley