From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2007 09:16:50 EDT

In a message dated 6/26/2007 8:34:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

He's 55, almost 56 and has 4-9 months left

So sorry to hear about your friend.  I don't know if zero carb would help
with his particular kind of cancer -- but likely wouldn't hurt and certainly
seems to make sense.  However, the link mentions that the diet must be
personalized -- this makes sense because if disease involved the kidneys, protein would
likely need to be limited according to doc's instructions.  Contact the docs
mentioned in the article.  What I would also say is that your friend should try
as hard as possible to banish the "4-9 months left" mindset.  NOBODY knows for
certain when a person will check out of this world.  My husband's uncle has
advanced metasticized kidney cancer and was told to put his affairs in order
YEARS ago.  Yet he's still alive and able to enjoy his favorite thing --
creating elaborite Asian style landscapes.  I suggest books by Larry Dossey MD on
this matter.  He explains how docs can unwittingly "curse" a patient -- those
told they will die in 6 months usually do to the very day when those who believe
there is hope often fare better.  No guarantees of course - but the mind is a
very powerful thing -- just look at placebo and nocebo effects.