From:
Michael Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:21:20 -0600
We all do our best I guess. It's just hard with all that pressure on them to
eat that packaged garbage.

Melissa

  Yea, too bad that garbage is so cheap. I've never tasted cod liver oil
before, that I can remember. The alternative, fish, was always more
appealing. When I didn't finish dinner, I would have to go to bed and miss
Ed Sulivan. Bummer!
  Have you ever tried almond butter on apples? They have some at the
"natural" store I go to. Cost around the some as peanut butter. It has some
good oil in it. Of course, you still need to get those fish oils in them.
Sometimes a little seasoning makes things taste better. Tarragon or ginger
have a sweetening effect. A hint of onion or garlic can also make relatively
bland fish, more palatable to a child. My 7 year old daughter stays on the
diet, because she knows that when she doesn't, she won't feel good, and will
most likely catch a cold from one of the other kids at school. We pointed
these symptoms out to her at an early age. We also set an example as to what
we eat. Sure my kid probably cheats at school, but for the most part, she's
paleo.
     `