From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:34:17 -0400
On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Susan Carmack wrote:

> I have been eating strict paleo but today I have a cold brought home from
> two of my children from school. I have not been sick for about 3 years and
> that time I had been eating nut products which affected me adversely and
> eggs which do also.
> The only unpaleo stuff I may eat sometimes are pesticided fruits or an
> accidental grainfed meat. Could these be the problem?
> Has anyone else had a cold on the paleodiet?

I don't think it's necessary to blame every illness on a dietary
lapse.  It's not as if a paleo diet makes one impervious to
disease.  There are plenty of non-dietary factors that could run
your immune system down to where you would catch a cold or the
flu: sleep loss, anxiety, and so forth.  I'd say a cold every
three years or so is not bad at all!

Todd Moody