From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 1998 22:36:48 +0200
At 10:50 1998-05-28 -0700, Marr wrote:
>I am stepping into new territory, have two catfish heads, would like to=
 make
>some soup, does anyone have any advice? I was thinking of cooking it for
>about 60 minutes, with a little onion and garlic, have heard it is very
>healthy....comments??

I made salmon soup the other day. I boiled the bones and fins and tail
(I had bought the tail half of a salmon) for i guess an hour.
Then I strained to get the broth separated from bones and other, cut
some of the salmon fil=E9ts (sp?) in small peices, added to the broth
together witth some fresh onion and other green spicey things and
boiled for a few minutes. Tasted very good.

I guess you can boile fish heads for a few minutes to be able to peel
away the good meat peices, to put aside when boiling the boney and
fatty parts for qiute a while, then putting the meat back into the
soup just to warm before serving (to not overcook the meat).

- Hans