From:
Jens Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 01:57:20 -0700
Hello all, I'm a new member, who coincidentally is
living in Japan, like Thomas. I'm only half on a paleo
diet, i.e. I've cut out sugar and am working on
cutting out grains and legumes, but still eat them to
some extent. I'm not doing it because of an interest
in weight loss (I'm not overweight) but more for
general health reasons.

About the thiamin thing, one thing that actually
surprised me is that apparently in Japan white rice is
not fortified with B1, which seems strange, but from
what I've heard it's partially because of the taste,
but I think also that people generally wash their rice
before cooking it, and if you added thiamin it would
be washed away anyway.

Jens Wilkinson