From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 15:13:28 -0700
>That is no doubt true, just as feedlot meats are considered by
>many to be "far from paleo" for similar reasons.  In the
>strictest sense of the word, the only foods that are paleo are
>literally wild foods:wild game and undomesticated plant foods.

before going to that extreme you have domestic foods grown organically and
not transformed after harvest .

>Almost nothing found in a supermarket would satisfy this
>definition, and Ray Audette's "hunter-gatherer in the
>supermarket" would be doomed to frustration.

as long you get dependant on supermarket it will be like that forever

how do you think grassfed beef is becoming more and more available ? (dr
Mercola is starting to sale it i saw today ) the supermarkets will be the
last ones to bring it in their shells .How many years of battle  did it took
to have organic produces in supermarkets ?
if you buy from the big distribution system  as denatured foods as cashews
and
feedlots animals it is all what you are going to get forever ( just
economic )

  Very few are going
>to succeed in implementing a paleodiet at this level of purity,
>or even make the attempt.

it is not even a question of purity . peoples who eat junk can reason the
same way about foods that might be more suitable for a human .
there is no possible success in implementing a paleo diet considerng the
state of world at the most slight and slow progress . If you think that not
eating wheat and dairy (no matter how big is the change ) is going to be
enough , you  are fooling yourself  . it is just a beginning .

 For the rest, it's enough to know that
>a food is the *type* of food that could be considered strictly
>paleo, even though it has been altered in ways that probably
>compromise its value.

enough for what ? you know first hand the limitations of the NEanderthin 's
form of paleo eating .what do  you expect to happen if you eat obese animals
? is it just a question of eating more fishes to balance .

when a food is of the* type* but is not able to reproduce themselves like
seedless forms of fruits or cattles you rely on humans to give birth
there is something wrong in the "value " of that food .
i don't see less damage  ( in the consumer and in the environement where
they comes from ) done by eating  commercial cashews than  by eating wheat.
i have seen cashews grove in India DDt have to be used heavily the whole
aera is a desert .
Ray Audette is a timid that need to not move things too much if  he want to
sell books . He is doing a great job but we better not  stop there.

jean-claude