From:
Madeline Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:52:20 EST
In a message dated 11/13/01 4:00:46 PM,  "S.B. Feldman, MD" <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

 <A HREF="http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011112/sc/health_legs_dc_1.html">
Click here: Leg Length May Hold Clues to Male Health - Doctors</A>

This is an interesting statistical association, but may leave the short
legged guy  frustrated with his fate. The article does not go far enough! It
points to poor nutrition as a cause, but never mentions that one of the
hallmarks of Celiac Disease (here I go again!) is short stature, possibly
caused by malabsorption and subsequent marginal nutrient deficiencies. And
although once past the age of growth no additional height can be gained,
identification of this condition and its treatment will lead to the reversal
of many associated symptoms, diseases and nutritional deficiencies.

And of course, the Paleo diet is gluten free. I wonder how many among us have
regained their health as a result of unknowingly but effectively treating
their undiagnosed Celiac Disease?

Maddy Mason
Hudson Valley, NY