Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 2012 11:55:03 -0500
On 01/20/2012 11:51 AM, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> I would like to say that I've only had one objection to the entire
> book, and as a Christian I may just be oversensitive to a subject so
> near and dear to my heart. But there is a small section that seems
> awfully harsh towards Christianity, a section that focuses on the
> prase "give us this day our daily bread." I can understand the effort
> to overcome cultural hurdles, but to me it's really odd that it's in
> there at all.

We've already done this, but if it's from the bible it's a translation
style. King James era, bread probably meant "food". See the story of Old
Parr, who could not have lived to whatever old age they now report on bread.
If it's from the church, the Christian church is Paulist, not Christian.

William