From:
Denise LePage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 08:30:42 EDT
My friend's daughter, a relatively happy and well-adjusted teen (if
any teens
can be considered so), decided when she was 15 that eating animals was
wrong.
 My friend thought it was a phase and didn't argue with her.

What she didn't find out until her daughter got sick was that thoughts
of the
animals having feelings led to thoughts of maybe cows not liking to be
milked, and eventually that plants have feelings!  Her mother being an
avid
gardener and believing in talking to plants and giving them positive
vibes
probably didn't help. ;)

A short stay in the hospital made her realize that even if they do,
she had
to eat them.  She's been eating meat ever since.

I wonder how many become vegetarians in their hyper-sensitive teen
years?

Denise