From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 11:35:26 -0500
On Tue, 6 Nov 2001 17:25:37 -0500, bruce sherrod <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>    Certainly meat-eating animals never grow fat (think of the wolves,
>    jackals, birds of prey, crows, etc.).
>
>    Herbivorous beasts seldom grow fat either, except as old age forces
>    them into a life of greater repose; on the other hand they gain
>    weight quickly and in any season when they are forced to eat potatoes,
>    grains, and any kind of flour.

Animals only grow fat when they need to be fat.
Meat eating or not, but the only such animals I think of are
arctic ones, like seals or sea elephants (by accident carnivores).
Or whales.

So only humans grow fat? No, there are fat dogs.

Eating the white flour seems to make the difference.
And sugar, probably.

Whithout this, I can't remember of any fat persons in history.
In the middle ages for example they used *a lot* of grains bread etc.,
but from whole grains.
Who in the middle ages was fat? Richard Lionheart? Any peasant?
Vikings? Germans? Celts? Egyptians?

Seems like obesity stems from sugar and white flour.

cheers,
Amadeus
(P.S. and potatoes, who ate a lot of potatoes?
the Irish of a few 100 years. Was a fat man seen there?....)