From:
Ken O'Neill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Aug 2009 07:48:51 -0500
My mother had a hell of a time with gall bladder pain. Got to a point where her physician ordered standard testing, administration of a dye that a healthy gall bladder uptakes and which one blocked with stones cannot. She failed the test and gall bladder surgery came next.

Her gall bladder surgery was an utter failure. She had been born without a gall bladder, so of course she failed the uptake of dye test! Her pain was due to a hiatal hernia.

When I had a sonigram done last year, I asked the technician if I had a gall bladder - she took that as an odd quest ion until I relayed Mom's story!