From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:29:18 -0500
From: "Jaime"
> I'm curious now. Does anyone here eat a Paleo diet based on what is
available in thier >country (where you live NOT where you were born) during
the different seasons?

I eat locallygrown produce/fruit when it's season, but for the most part
it's nothing that can't also found in the grocery store.  Something that
concerns me is that small, local producers may actually use more pesticide
than large agri-business that has narrower profit margins and so will use
the least amount "necessary".  As for some locals around here, not everyone
follows directions to the letter.  I daresay--and probably very accurately
do say--people don't measure the quantities ("What!--me carry a measuring
cup???") when they mix it, but give it an eyeball estimate.  So not only may
the concentration of the spray be higher but also the spray application rate
since they tend to do it on foot with hand pump jugs rather than with
mechanized equipment with valved flow rates.   Most local produce is
anything but organic.

Theola